Our Yoga programme is the perfect solution to improve behaviour, promote mental health awareness and remove worries for children in KS1 and KS2.
The objectives of this programme include:
- Improving children’s mental wellbeing, creating mental clarity and calmness
- Developing body awareness including understanding biology
- Management of stress through breathing and meditation
- Building concentration
- Detachment from electronic devices
- Balance skills
- Strengthening core muscles
- Enabling children to feel part of a non-competitive physical exercise group
Today, children are bombarded with technology, screens and mobile devices. We have found that yoga in primary schools has improved both attendance and behaviour as well as promoting an awareness of mental health. Our unique yoga programme has a huge range of health benefits and incorporates child-friendly themes, topics and resources to keep children engaged at all times such as:
- “Going on a bear hunt” through Yoga
- Moana themed Yoga
- Salutations to songs children will be familiar with
As a passionate “Yogi” herself, our Company Director Stacey Barsby released the following statement regarding her views on yoga for children:
“Aside from the physical benefits of yoga including core muscle strength and increased flexibility, one of the best benefits of yoga is how it helps a child compartmentalise stress and emotions enabling a child to have a ‘brain break’ from the daily strains that technology poses for our children today. What I like most about yoga for children is that it gives children an alternative way to deal with challenges in school and the fact that it is an amazing alternative to get children active who are not normally fond of physical exercise.” September 2018
To see our Yoga Framework which outlines our Medium and Long Term Plans throughout KS1 and KS2 please contact us.
All Schools who use Primary PPA Cover Ltd receive a cheque for £100 for a successful recommendation to another Primary School as we truly value your recommendations.