As PE Lessons are the only access to exercise some children have all week, it is essential that the quality of the lessons is excellent.
Objectives of this programme:
- For children to gain a basic knowledge of several traditional and upcoming sports
- For children to develop core principles of dedication and hard work that can be applied to achieve academic success in all areas of the curriculum
- To encourage health and wellness as well as educating children about healthy food choices
- To open children’s eyes to the wide variety of new and upcoming sports that are arising including Ultimate Frisbee, Kickball Rounders, Capture the Flag etc.
- To raise awareness of increasing obesity problems amongst young people
- To improve self-confidence, leadership and decision-making skills
Sports covered in this programme:
Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Capture the Flag, Confidence activities, Cricket, Croquet, Dodgeball, Football, Giant Ball Games, Handball, Hockey, Kickball Rounders, Multi-skills, Multi-sports, Netball, Olympic Sports, Orienteering, Rounders, Rugby, Skipping, Table Tennis, Tag Rugby, Team Games, Tennis, Tri-golf, Volleyball.
We also offer Martial Arts during PE time, for more information on our pricing structure for this, please contact us.
What use Primary PPA Cover to cover your Physical Education lessons?
- Quality, consistent staff
- Sports day organised for you
- All lesson plans provided; hassle-free for teachers
- Alternative, new and upcoming sports such as Ultimate Frisbee
- Flexibility for the school to choose the sports depending on room timetables and the weather
- Both indoor and outdoor sessions available, in case of bad weather
- Sports linked with healthy eating and nutrition through Change4Life
- 5-a-day for indoor sessions
- Gymnastics and Dance available
- On-hand support for your PE Subject Coordinator in school including help with Subject Leader Action Plan, Goal Setting and updating your school’s Physical Education Policy
- British Gymnastics badges can be earned in PE lessons
- Ability to run your school sports teams i.e. football team
- Extracurricular clubs available such as “Gymnastics” and “Olympic Sports” – for more information please click here
The expertise and passion of our PE teaching staff is what makes PE lessons with Primary PPA Cover such a wonderful experience for primary children. Our PE staff can teach children from the Early Years Foundation Stage right through to school leavers, and our programme enables them to pitch the lessons perfectly each time. We recognise the importance of raising attainment in PE and have a proven track record of getting children engaged and enthusiastic about sport.
To see our Physical Education Framework which outlines our Medium and Long Term Plans throughout KS1 and KS2 please contact us.
All Schools who use Primary PPA Cover Ltd receive a cheque for £100 for a successful recommendation to another Primary School as we truly value your recommendations.