Our Perform & Learn Music PPA Cover programme engages children through singing, creative rhythms and through exploring sounds and musical patterns.
The objectives of this programme:
- For children to learn why Music is important, to become familiar with the names and sounds of all basic percussion instruments as well as other musical terms
- For children to develop their creative thinking skills and improve their motor skills
- To encourage children to become active listeners
- To demonstrate that there are rewards from dedication and practice
- To encourage children to learn about and to embrace other cultures through music
- To develop confidence and listening skills
- For children to explore emotions through music, helping them develop into young people and learn more about who they are.
- To raise attainment and enthusiasm in Music lessons
- To make children aware of the importance of teamwork and coordination in a team
- To make Music fun!
Our Music teachers are also available to come out to your school during curriculum time, lunchtime or after school to provide one-to-one or group musical instrument sessions (instruments offered: guitar, ukulele, keyboard, djembe, drums). To enquire about Music Tuition in small groups or 1:1, please contact us.
Music can benefit school life for pupils and teachers in so many ways and Primary PPA Cover’s Music Specialists are keen to make Music fun for Primary children. We have found that by having a Music specialist:
- Children are enthusiastic about Music and it increases self-esteem, discipline and encourages children to work as a team.
- Children benefit in other areas of the curriculum through cross-curricular links such as Geography, History and Literacy
- Teachers benefit from having a Music specialist on hand to organise singing assemblies, concerts, seasonal performances (Harvest Festival, Christmas etc.), and Year 6 leavers’ performances.
Children are excited about Music and want to participate in further Music classes, for more information on our extra-curricular Music provision (including our popular ‘Battle of the Bands’ Music Club) please click here.
Why use Primary PPA Cover to cover your Music lessons?
- Inter-school Music competitions “Write your own school song” – winner wins a £50 donation for their school
- Private music tuition available
- “Battle of the Bands”, “Guitar”, “Ukulele” clubs available
- Go Noodle, Smart Music Interactive whiteboard as well as our own programme.
- For a copy of our Music Framework for KS1 or KS2 please contact us.
- Display boards
- Singing assemblies
- Y6 Leavers' performances
- End of year performances
- Cross-curricular links such as the Rio Carnival
The aim of this programme is to provide children with the opportunity to build confidence and showcase their skills in school concerts through both practical and theory based activities.
To see our Music Framework which outlines our Medium and Long Term Plans throughout KS1 and KS2 please contact us.
All Schools who use Primary PPA Cover Ltd receive a cheque for £100 for a successful recommendation to another Primary School as we truly value your recommendations.