This programme encourages children's imagination and creativity through practical and theory-based lessons. Our fun and exciting sessions aim to develop effective communication and social skills.
Drama PPA cover
The objectives of this programme:
- For children to learn why Drama is important, to become familiar with all basic drama techniques such as role-play, musical theatre and mime
- To develop children’s interpersonal and social skills by improving their confidence
- To improve Positivity and Mind-set of the children
- To demonstrate good negotiation skills when working as an ensemble that children can use in all subjects across the curriculum
- To show children how to overcome challenges and how to put differences aside to achieve a goal together
- To help children to learn more about themselves, their personality and their desires and goals
- To improve public speaking skills which are inevitably an asset to every individual’s lifelong career
- To show children that Drama is not only for the most extrovert children – there are opportunities to just be a “face” or a “voice” in the chorus as well as an abundance of roles backstage.
- To support children in exploring the world around them using imaginary characters
Why use Primary PPA Cover to cover your Drama lessons?
- Quality, consistent staff
- Performance organised to show at summer fayres, Christmas events etc.
- Support with organising School Leavers’ performances
- All lesson plans provided; hassle-free for teachers
- Extracurricular clubs available such as “Musical Theatre” – for more information please click here
Children will learn drama skills and techniques that will encourage them to step outside of their comfort zone, to expand their knowledge and to build on their confidence. Our Drama lessons have a proven-track record of improving levels of English for children with English as an Additional Language.
Our Perform & Learn DRAMA© lessons use cross-curricular topics as stimuli (such as the Victorians, the Vikings, Diwali as well as PHSE topics such as bullying, health and well-being, and living in the wider world) which enhances children’s learning experience of the topic they are currently learning about and helps them to explore their class-topic from a different angle.
To see our Drama Framework which outlines our Medium and Long Term Plans throughout KS1 and KS2 please contact us.
All Schools who use Primary PPA Cover Ltd receive a cheque for £100 for a successful recommendation to another Primary School as we truly value your recommendations.