As PE Lessons are the only access to exercise some children have all week, it is essential that the quality of the lessons is excellent, and that the lessons are exciting and accessible for all children. A great alternative to sports during Physical Education lessons is Dance and/or Gymnastics.
Dance PPA cover
The objectives of this programme:
- To respond with an understanding to dance and learn to create and perform pieces
- For children to communicate proficiently in dance
- Children will understand and evaluate dance in different contexts and cultures with cross-curricular links to history and literacy
- To perform different styles of dance with confidence
- For children to explore and develop emotionally through dance, topics include Mindfulness and Positivity as well as self-confidence, team work and being comfortable in our own bodies
Gymnastics PPA Cover
The objectives of this programme:
- To understand how to use the body to perform basic gymnastic balances, shapes and weight transfers
- To be able to understand and carry out basic sequences with and without equipment
- To improve concentration and mental focus using basic gymnastic skills
- Develop and understanding of the sportsmanship and discipline required in gymnastics
- Improve flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance
- Compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvements to achieve their personal best
- Master basic movements developing balance, agility and coordination, and begin to apply these in a range of activates
- Understand the importance of teamwork through gymnastics
- Excel in the compulsory elements of the PE Curriculum which must be covered through Gymnastics
Many schools choose to alternate Dance and Gymnastics over various terms and year groups so children access both variations of Physical Education, we can tailor-make a programme that suits your school – please contact us for more information
What makes our Dance and Gymnastics Provision different?
- Quality, consistent staff
- Performance organised to show at summer fayres, Christmas events etc.
- All lesson plans provided; hassle-free for teachers
- Dance and Gymnastics lessons linked with healthy eating and nutrition through Change4Life
- On-hand support for your PE Subject Coordinator in school including help with Subject Leader Action Plan, Goal Setting and updating your school’s Physical Education Policy
- British Gymnastics badges can be earned in PE lessons
- Ability to enter teams into your inter-school Sports competitions for Dance and Gymnastics
- Extracurricular clubs available such as “Rhythmic Gymnastics” and “Hip Hop” – for more information please click here
Our Dance and Gymnastics staff can teach children from the Early Years Foundation Stage right through to school leavers, and our programme enables them to pitch the lessons perfectly each time. The PhysicaLearn© Dance & Gymnastics programme promotes knowledge of dance and gymnastics alongside the importance of a healthy lifestyle and fitness. It allows children to explore and create exciting movement possibilities using the body by responding to music. This builds a foundation which enhances physical development, flexibility, core strength and movement memory. As well as physical benefits both our Dance and Gymnastics Programmes also enhance creative skills, confidence, mindfulness and positivity and gives children a better understanding of rhythm, speed and direction.
To see our Dance or Gymnastics Frameworks which outlines our Medium and Long Term Plans throughout KS1 and KS2 please contact us.
All Schools who use Primary PPA Cover Ltd receive a cheque for £100 for a successful recommendation to another Primary School as we truly value your recommendations.