This programme aims to ensure safety online as well as giving children a well-rounded knowledge of the ever-growing world of technology.
The objectives of this programme:
- For children to learn why IT is important and to provide children with an excellent foundation that they can use throughout their lives
- For children to recognise common uses of information technology in other cross curricular subjects and beyond school
- For children to be safe online and in online communications
- For children to use their creative thinking skills in online communications: blogging, email, social networks, vlogging
- To encourage children to learn the benefits of the Internet and the functionalities of any computer or iPad
- For children to explore Microsoft Office and be confident users of all areas
- To demonstrate how to use logical reasoning to predict the behaviour of simple programs
- To instill confidence in and foster a passion for the technological world in which we live.
Our ICT Specialists cover a wide variety of tools, techniques and tricks throughout our ComputeCodeCommunicate© lessons such as understanding algorithms, creating and debugging programs, detecting and correcting errors etc. Children will also have the opportunity to work on their very own IT project over a series of weeks towards the end of the first year to showcase their new talents.
What makes our Computing Provision different?
- Quality, consistent staff
- A variety of resources used to include “Scratch”, “Logic”, “Blockly”
- Our programme teaches children the simple computer programming language “Logo”
- Inter-school competitions available
- Both iPad, laptop and computer sessions available
- Led by IT specialists who can teach children to read code, design websites and teach all other requirements on the National Curriculum
- On-hand support for your other teaching staff to support with embedding the use of Computing in other areas of the curriculum as well as your IT Subject Coordinator in school including help with Subject Leader Action Plan, Goal Setting and updating your school’s Computing Policy
- Extracurricular clubs available such as “Code Club” – for more information please click here
The use of iPads and laptops in the classroom has revolutionised the way children are taught and how they best respond to learning. Children are enthused and motivated by the use of iPads and laptops to aid their learning. Our ComputeCodeCommunicate© programme offers a range of modules which really develop their Computing knowledge, gives them the ability to use IT to support other curriculum subjects, and teaches them the importance of being safe online. As the world is becoming increasingly technology rich, the importance of quality Computing lessons is essential. Our Computing teachers show children how to create websites, how to do programming and coding, as well as teaching them the essential Computing terminology and basic Computer Science via simple, child-friendly methods.
To see our Computing Framework which outlines our Medium and Long Term Plans throughout KS1 and KS2 please contact us.
All Schools who use Primary PPA Cover Ltd receive a cheque for £100 for a successful recommendation to another Primary School as we truly value your recommendations.