The new National Curriculum for Art and Design has been developed to cover many aspects of Art, Craft and Design of which embody some of the highest forms of human creativity.
The objectives of this programme:
- For all children to produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences in Sketch Books
- For all children to become proficient in drawing, painting, shading, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.
- To evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design through peer-peer assessments
- For all children to learn about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- For children to understand why Art is important and explore their own imagination
- To encourage children to investigate the possibilities of a range of materials and processes
- To enable children to channel emotion using Art
What do our schools say?
"Charlotte has been a super art teacher at St Laurence. The children have thoroughly enjoyed her creative lessons and she has positive behaviour management strategies." Lizzy Bennett, Deputy Headteacher, St Laurence Primary School
What makes our Art Provision different?
Quality, consistent staff
- Lessons planned specifically to cater for your topics in school i.e. Space, Fairy Tales, World War II, Nature, The Victorians etc.
- Mounted work appropriate for display in your Art gallery, display boards or library
- Inter-school competitions organised by our company e.g. “Design Primary PPA Cover’s Christmas Card” – winner announced wins £50 donation to their school and the card is printed and sent to over 100 primary schools
- Our specialist staff are able to work towards backdrops for school shows which in turn helps with other subjects such as Drama and Music
- “Sketching”, “Watercolours”, “Around the World Art” extracurricular clubs available – for more information please click here.
‘A high-quality art and design education should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of Art, Craft and Design. As pupils progress, they should be able to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of Art and Design’ (DfE, 2014). Our teachers; whilst embracing the aims of the National Curriculum, are a unique and extremely flexible approach to the delivery of Art and Design as they will plan to cater for the topic maps of each individual school, which in turn encourages cross-curricular learning opportunities for children.
To see our Art Framework which outlines our Medium and Long Term Plans throughout KS1 and KS2 please contact us.
All Schools who use Primary PPA Cover Ltd receive a cheque for £100 for a successful recommendation to another Primary School as we truly value your recommendations.