- On arriving at a new school Primary PPA Cover staff will ensure that they are aware of the fire evacuation plan and the location of all fire exits
- Our staff will also ensure that they are aware of the location of the school’s First Aid kit and whether there are any children with specific physical or medical needs e.g. asthma, epilepsy, allergies etc.
- Our PPA Teacher will also follow the Health & Safety Policy of the school and will ask for a copy of this on visiting the school before starting teaching
- Primary PPA Cover staff will carry out a risk assessment prior to starting teaching
- Primary PPA Cover staff will ensure all accidents and incidents are recorded in the school’s accident book
- Our staff are aware of their responsibility to co-operate to achieve a healthy and safe workplace and to take reasonable care of themselves and others. Whenever an employee notices a health and safety problem this should be drawn to the attention of the Headteacher immediately who will record it in the incident book.
- Our staff to ensure will ensure that all equipment used is in good working order and is stored safely. Any faulty equipment should be withdrawn from use and reported to the Headteacher, with a note saying Fault Do Not Use.
Policy last reviewed: 12.05.2017, policy is due to be reviewed 12 months from this date