This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you (as a teacher) or your school (as a client) when you interact with us. It also explains how we will store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
It is likely that this Privacy Notice will need to be updated from time to time. We will notify you each time we make a change but you are welcome to revisit this privacy notice on our website at any time.
Primary PPA Cover is a Company Limited by Guarantee and is registered on Companies House with number: England and Wales: 08679756.
We use school information that is readily available on the internet and will only contact schools whose phone numbers are not registered with TPS. We also use the UK Education Data for which your school will have provided consent to the data organisation for our company to contact you. We will only ever contact schools regarding services that may be genuinely be of interest to them and may help them achieve targets on their School Improvement Plan.
By signing an SLA with us, your school is automatically providing us with consent to contact you using the details provided during the booking process. We will only contact you regarding your provision and other provisions that may be of interest to you. After your SLA terminates with us, your details will be filed for five years and will be permanently deleted thereafter. We may contact you after your provision has ended with us regarding complimentary training days or trials that may be of interest to you. You have the right for your consent to be withdrawn at any time by replying to any of our correspondence: “Unsubscribe”.
We use individual and company information that is readily available on the internet and will only contact individuals or companies whose phone numbers are not registered with TPS. We will only ever contact educators regarding opportunities that may be genuinely be of interest to them and may help them gain more income and more work.
We will only store details of teachers who have completed our application form online, providing us with consent to contact them regarding ad-hoc or permanent vacancies. You have the right for your consent to be withdrawn at any time by replying to any of our correspondence: “Unsubscribe”.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations. For example, to add you to our payroll, we will need your full name, date of birth, home address and bank details. These will be stored confidentially and you will access your payslips in a secure log-in area to protect your security.
All of your personal information, including copies of your identification and DBS details, will be stored in our secure CRM and schools will access this information by logging-in to their secure and private area of our website.
By signing a contract with us, you are automatically giving us consent to contact you for future opportunities to provide you with work – whether that be on an ad-hoc or permanent basis.
Upon termination of your contract with us, we will ask you to complete a form if you would like us to keep your details on file for any future opportunities. If you do not wish to be contacted for future opportunities, we have to keep your details on file for five years to comply with employment law. However, your data will not be used and will remain dormant.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data. For example, we may need to pass on details of people involved in fraud or criminal activity to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we will use your purchase history information of PPA services you have previously purchased from us to send you personalised offers or complimentary training or trials. We will also use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post, telling you about our services that we believe may interest you.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website and complete our enquiry form or application form
- When you complete an SLA with us
- When you respond to any of our “opportunity” emails
- When you enter employment with us
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you contact us by any means with enquiries or complaints
- When you enter competitions or prize draws through any of our channels
- When you book a meeting with us
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you
- When you comment on or review our services via any channel
- When you have given a third party permission to share information with us
We collect data from publicly-available sources when you given consent to share information, uploaded your own information to a publicly available source or where information is made public as a matter of law
When you visit our Head Office premises or schools, we have CCTV in place for the security of our staff and clients. These systems may record your image during your visit.
What type of information do we retain on file?
- Your first and last name
- School name
- School telephone number
- Mobile number (if provided)
- E-mail address for an individual in school or school e-mail
- Finance e-mail (bursar or business manager)
- An encrypted record of your log-in password for our sites and software
- An encrypted record of children’s names in class lists that you have uploaded to our software for assessments purposes only
- Details of any interactions or conversations with our team
- Personal details which help us to recommend services of interest
- Your first and last name
- NI number
- Bank details
- Telephone number(s) provided
- DBS number and issue date
- Vetting form (details you gave consent for when completing application form
- An encrypted record of your log-in password for our software
- Details of any interactions or conversations with our team
- Personal details which help us to recommend opportunities of interest
- Copies of documents you provide during application process
Why do we use your personal data?
We want to make all educators on file aware of any new opportunities that arise that may be of legitimate interest to them. We also want all schools on file aware of any new services we offer or any changes in availability for services in their area. We only store personal information that allows us to function as a business.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our clients and teachers and ensuring that all opportunities are offered to all educators and that none are prioritised or discriminated against.
It is important that you are aware that if you choose not to share your personal information with us, we may not be able to provide some services that you require. For example, if you have asked us to contact you if any “Art work” becomes available in “Luton”, we will not be able to if you have withdrawn your general consent for us to contact you.
How do we process your data?
We process your data if you are a new teacher that has signed up to us in order for us to contract you to work. We also process your data if you are a new school that has enquired or signed their SLA in order for us to provide you with a teacher, monitor that provision and charge your school for that provision.
We know how much data protection matters to all of our potential teachers and schools and all of our existing teachers and schools. For this reason, your data is treated with care and precision.
All of our client and employee data is stored in our web-based CRM all of our manual systems and data ecosystems are constantly updated, reviewed and amended (if necessary).
Your data will only be used to communicate with you regarding your provision and will not be shared with third parties.
When signing up with us, all of our clients are created a client portal at https://www.primaryppacover.com/login which is hosted securely and privately in compliance with GDPR. As a school, you must always:
- Log-in to your client portal at https://www.primaryppacover.com/login to access staff vetting details and documents, we are not able to send these via email as attachments in order to comply with GDPR
- Log-in to your software portal at https://curriculum.primaryppacover.com to access lesson plans and to upload your class lists in an encrypted CSV file, if you require assessments (please do not send us class lists via email)
Our staff are not permitted to use USBs and you must not share class lists or school data with them. Our staff are not permitted to use personal laptops or iPads in school, they must use your computer hardware in order to comply with GDPR.
Who will we share your data with?
- If you are a teacher, the school(s) you are working in on our behalf via our secure log-in area
- If you are a school, your data will be shared with the teacher(s) we contract for your school
- We may share your details with third parties if there is ever the need to outsource any of our work to other organisations. These organisations will always comply with our Data Privacy Notice and your data will be treated in the same way.
Your rights over your personal data:
- You have the right to request access to your personal we hold about you, we may charge a £10 administration fee for this service
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- That we stop contacting you for direct marketing opportunities
To be removed from our files (unless we are legally obliged to keep your details on file)
To ask for a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact:
Primary PPA Cover Ltd Unit T2,
Ivanhoe Park Way,
Ivanhoe Office Park,