Aims and Objectives
This policy refers covers both direct and indirect discrimination. All staff working for Primary PPA Cover Ltd do not discriminate against anyone, staff or children, on the grounds of their sex, race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic or cultural origins.
- We promote the principles of fairness and justice for all through the education that we provide
- We ensure that all children have equal access to the full range of opportunities that we provide
- We strive to remove any forms of indirect discrimination that may form barriers to learning
- We ensure that all recruitment, employment, promotion and training systems and procedures are fair to all staff and provide opportunities for everyone to achieve
- We challenge stereotyping and prejudice whenever it occurs.
- We celebrate the cultural diversity of our community and show respect for all minority groups
- We promote positive social attitudes and respect through positive educational experiences and support
It is the right of all children to receive the best educational provision possible. No form of racism or racist behaviour is tolerated by Primary PPA Cover Ltd and should a racist incident occur action is taken immediately in line with our disciplinary procedure. We endeavour to make our clubs welcoming to all groups, regardless of their ethnic origin.
The role of the PPA Teacher
The PPA Teacher ensures that all pupils are treated fairly, equally and with respect. No child is discriminated against. When planning lessons, PPA staff pay due regard to the sensitivities of all children and do not use material that is against the company’s equal opportunity policy. Teachers will provide material that gives positive images of ethnic minorities and challenge stereotypical images of minority groups. Staff should intervene in a positive way against any incidents of discrimination.
Lesson Plan Management
Sessions are planned with due regard to all school policies including Equal Opportunities. The topics chosen and methods of approaching sensitive issues should reflect this.
Monitoring and Review
Teachers will be monitored and reviewed closely by their Line Managers via termly observations to ensure they are biding by our Equal Opportunities Policy. Staff CPD sessions are ran termly to include Inclusion, First Aid and Safeguarding.
Policy reviewed on 12.5.2017, policy due to be reviewed 12 months from this date