We offer CPD opportunities for teachers at all levels, from Early Years and Primary through to the end of Secondary in the following subjects:
Our Mentoring CPD mission is to improve skills of Class Teachers and Teaching Assistants so that they can provide better learning opportunities for specialist subjects to children in school.
How does it work?
Our standard package lasts for one full term per teacher. During this package, our CPD Mentor will work alongside your teachers during curriculum time, providing CPD support up-skilling teachers and NOT substituting them; for the first half term, our CPD Mentor Teacher will teach the class of children, demonstrating the best methods of teaching certain skills, with the class teacher assisting them and taking half the class when they are split down into groups to do activities. The class teacher will use this time to learn from our CPD Mentor Teacher by watching them, taking notes and replicating their activities. For the following half term, the class teacher will teach most of the activities with the CPD Mentor supporting them with any difficulties, demonstrating anything they may have forgotten, and giving observation report feedback after each session for them to be able to improve. If you feel that your teaching staff need something different to this, we can tailor-make a package that suits your school and staff (some schools only require one half term but some require a full year’s package to ensure all teaching staff have access to the support).
The aim of these programmes is that the CPD Specialist Mentor will inspire your children, teachers and parents by promoting the importance of quality teaching in specialist subjects using creative resources, innovative delivery approaches and quality demonstrations.
Long Term Targets
Our Mentoring Programmes will help your school work towards your long-term targets, in-line with your School Development Plan by:
- Support the long term continuous professional development of your teaching staff
- Support teachers to become confident in teaching high quality Physical Education, Gymnastics, I.T, Dance, Art, Drama, Music, French or Spanish (for multiple subject quotes please contact us)
- Help teaching staff track children’s progress using our online assessment methods
- Develop confidence of teachers; which means increasing job satisfaction and employee engagement
- Provide cross curricular resources and support immersion of the specialist subject throughout the year groups from Reception to Year 6
- Working with the relevant Subject Leader to ensure that their Subject Leader Action Plan is up to date and relevant to your whole School Development Plan